Course will run two days---October 23-24, 2023 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. U.S. eastern time/8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. U.S. central time), in Dearborn, Michigan.
This workshop presents an overview of managing and promoting an archives in a business environment: what it takes to garner support from management, and how to lead and oversee a corporate archives from all levels / positions within the archives. Over the course of two days, attendees have the opportunity to tour two business archives (locations vary) and address interrelationships among archives, corporate libraries, records management offices, and information centers. Attendees will apply archival theory and knowledge to practical business examples, expanding on knowledge gained during the course.
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Practically apply principles of archival theory within a corporation
- Successfully advocate for an archival program and create a strong support structure within your institution
- Explore the legal issues that business archivists face daily
- Apply learning and decision-making skills to case studies and scenarios
- Develop actionable steps towards the creation of a business plan or strategy
- Obtain an overview of the critical issues related to managing electronic records and relating to information technology professionals
- Interface with working business archivists to see how they approach collections and archives management
Fees: Advance / Regular
SAA Members: $329 / $409
Employees of SAA Member Institutions: $399 / $499
Nonmembers: $469 / $589