Registration Fee: Early-Bird / Regular
SAA Member: $199 / $249
Employee of SAA Member Institution: $239 / $299
Nonmember: $279 / $349
Backlogs don’t have to weigh as heavily as they do. Focus on implementing concrete strategies for increasing processing rates and reducing backlogs, as outlined in the Greene-Meissner article, “More Product, Less Process: Revamping Traditional Archival Processing,” and learn as you share information and experiences with fellow course participants. Topics include appraisal, arrangement, description, digitization, and preservation, as well as development of processing plans, policies, and benchmarks. This array of topics is addressed through lecture, case studies, and group discussion.
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the concepts and arguments outlined in "More Product, Less Process"
- Implement strategies for increasing processing rates in a variety of institutions
- Apply techniques for managing efficient processing programs, including developing processing plans, policies, and benchmarks
- Understand how descriptive standards such as DACS can assist in the creation of descriptive records that adhere to "minimum" requirements and assist in the reuse of data in a variety of outputs
- Develop strategies for integrating processing with other archival functions, particularly accessioning