In this workshop, you will get an overview of records management principles, practices, and tools to use for establishing or continuing a records management program.
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Explain basic records management terminology.
- Conduct a records inventory independently.
- Write a records retention and disposition schedule.
- Recognize the legal requirements for records management.
- Develop a basic understanding of electronic records management.
Who Should Attend:
Archivists with beginning to intermediate knowledge of records management whose job description includes records management and/or who want to learn records management practices to enhance their job performance
What You Should Already Know:
Participants should have basic knowledge of the records life cycle and other models, such as the records continuum, for following records through their various use cases. Familiarity with basic records management concepts, as found on the Glossary of Archival and Records Terminology, is helpful but not required.
Fees: Advance / Regular
SAA Members: $199 / $249
Employees of SAA Member Institutions: $239 / $299
Nonmembers: $279 / $349