To access all on-demand webcasts, please login to SAA's Learning Management System after completing your purchase.
This webcast provides a basic understanding of the components of email, approaches to email preservation, emerging tools and research, and examples of successful email preservation projects. Participants come away with the basic knowledge to start accessing email preservation at their institution and information on how to communicate with donors about email preservation.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Describe the component parts of an email message and account.
- Explain the differences between different file formats for managing email exports.
- Evaluate emerging tools for email preservation.
Who Should Attend:
Archival practitioners, records managers
What You Should Already Know:
Archival appraisal of records, as well as some basic knowledge about digital preservation and storage of electronic records
DAS Core Competency:
1. Explain the nature of digital records and their lifecycle.
3. Formulate strategies and tactics for appraising, acquiring, describing, managing, organizing, preserving, and delivering digital archives.
4. Incorporate technologies throughout the archival lifecycle.
You will have access to this product for 60 days from the date of purchase. Once the webcast is purchased, go to SAA's Learning Management System and click the Resources tab to access a PDF of the presentation slides and the webcast exam (if applicable).
If you intend to pursue the DAS Certificate, you will need to pass the examination for this course.