To access all on-demand webcasts, please login to SAA's Learning Management System after completing your purchase.
All archives must address the management of digital records to some degree, and you may not have the background in digital records or the confidence to tackle this daunting task! This webcast provides you the basics you need to start solving your digital records problems.
Previously titled Basics of Managing Electronic Records: Getting You Started
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Identify common preservation formats of digital records.
- Describe appraising, accessioning, and preserving digital records.
- Begin working with records creators.
- Start promoting and continuing your digital records program.
Who Should Attend:
archivists; others who need a refresher about digital records or a basic foundation of knowledge
What You Should Already Know:
No prior experience is necessary.
DAS Core Competency:
1. Explain the nature of digital records and their lifecycle.
2. Communicate and define terminology, requirements, roles, and responsibilities related to digital archives to a variety of stakeholders.
You will have access to this product for 60 days from the date of purchase. Once the webcast is purchased, go to SAA's Learning Management System and click the Resources tab to access a PDF of the presentation slides and the webcast exam (if applicable).
If you intend to pursue the DAS Certificate, you will need to pass the examination for this course.