To access all on-demand webcasts, please login to SAA's Learning Management System after completing your purchase.
Are you considering implementing an archival collections management system (ACMS) such as ArchivesSpace or Collective Access? Are you overwhelmed by the process of selecting the right tool for your institution? This webcast, which is based on the original webcast developed by Lisa Spiro and her report about archival management software issued by the Council on Library and Information Resources, will take you through the process of evaluating and selecting a content management system.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Identify an archival CMS.
- Defend the implementation of a CMS.
- Use a sound process for selecting a CMS.
- Discern the factors you should consider when selecting a CMS.
- Select some alternatives to using a CMS.
Who should attend?
Anyone who will be participating or anticipates participating in the decision-making process as their institution selects an archival content management system.
What You Should Already Know:
No prior experience is necessary.
DAS Core Competency:
5. Plan for the integration of new tools or successive generations of emerging technologies, software, and media.
You will have access to this product for 60 days from the date of purchase. Once the webcast is purchased, go to SAA's Learning Management System and click the Resources tab to access a PDF of the presentation slides and the webcast exam (if applicable).
If you intend to pursue the DAS Certificate, you will need to pass the examination for this course.