To access all on-demand webcasts, please login to SAA's Learning Management System after completing your purchase.
More and more archivists are asked on a daily basis by their institutions to include records management duties in their repository services. If you belong to that expanding group, this 90-minute webcast is for you! You will take a tour through the world of records management, including discussion of relevant standards, best practices for getting your RM program off the ground, and the components of a successful records management training and outreach program.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Identify key constituencies and records management stakeholders at your institution.
- Discuss and explain principles with relevant stakeholders.
- Select records management resources best suited to specific concerns.
- Summarize resources for ready reference and training.
- Prepare a plan for developing an institutional records management policy.
Who Should Attend:
archivists, practitioners, managers, administrators, librarians, and museum professionals
What You Should Already Know:
Attendees should be familiar with Records Management terms in SAA's 2005 Glossary of Archives and Records Terminology, including Records Management, Series, Life Cycle, Records Continuum, and Retention Schedule.
You will have access to this product for 60 days from the date of purchase. Once the webcast is purchased, go to SAA's Learning Management System and click the Resources tab to access a PDF of the presentation slides and the webcast exam (if applicable).